If you made financial donations to a charity, or paid for childcare or a housekeeper (in certain situations) during the last tax year, you can claim part of it back as a rebate.


Companies are entitled to a deduction (up to a maximum limit) for donations made in an income year up to 5% of the company's net income.


Rebates can be claimed by individuals who:
a) earned taxable income during the period being claimed for, and
b) were resident in New Zealand at any time during the tax year

Individuals can make a claim for rebates using an IR526 form for:
a) Donations of $5 or more to an approved charity;
b) Payment of school donations; or
c) Payment for childcare or a housekeeper (under certain conditions).

For the year ended 31 March 2008 the maximum rebate you can claim is:
a) $630, on donations of $1,890 or more; or
b) $310, if you've paid $940 or more for childcare or a housekeeper

From the end ending 31 March 2009 onwards the $1,890 rebate threshold will be removed and individuals will be able to claim a 33.33 % rebate for donations, up to a maximum equal to their annual taxable income.

Please talk to us for more information on any of the above.

Contact Details

Phone: (09) 298-2511

Fax: (09) 298-2517


Calendars and Key Dates

20 May-Employerschedules due

7 May - GST return and payment due / Provisional tax due

> More

website developed by digitalstream